Can a pregnant woman pass COVID-19 to her unborn child?
At this time, there is not enough evidence to determine whether the virus is transmitted from a mother to her baby during pregnancy, or the potential impact this may have on the baby.
This is currently being investigated. Pregnant women should continue to follow appropriate precautions to protect themselves from exposure to the virus, and seek medical care early, if experiencing symptoms, such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
Explore these resources;
- WHO Answers: Is it safe for a mother to breastfeed if she is infected with COVID-19?
- WHO answers: Does COVID-19 affect children?
- COVID 19 Facts and Fears
- How does Coronavirus Spread?
- Tried Treatments for COVID 19
- How to Prepare for a Lockdown or Self Quarantine amid Coronavirus
- After Coronavirus Wearing Masks in Public Could Become a Norm
- What You Need to Know About Doing Laundry Amid Coronavirus
- Top 5 At-Home Bonding Activities for Families
- COVID 19 is NOT a Sign of God Punishing Man
- COVID 19 Myths Busted