President cancels Ramadan Gatherings and states Enhanced Measures to Fight COVID-19 in Ghana – Fellow Ghanaians, with respect to the spread of COVID-19 particularly in public gatherings, President Akuffo- Addo decreed to cancel all Ramadan Gatherings as he lays out new measures to fight the viral disease and and states enhanced measures to fight other infectious diseases in the future.
“Update No. 8: Enhanced measures being taken to combat the Coronavirus pandemic Key Highlights”
Extends Restrictions on Social Gathering for 2 Weeks.
Commends entities and places practising proper social gathering.
Bemoans unpatriotic citizens allowing people through Ghana’s borders.
Asks for focus on chronic illnesses as the underlying conditions for the COVID-19 deaths.
Government to construct 88 Hospitals in MMDA without them.
Construction of 6 New Hospitals for the 6 New Regions and 3 Infectious Disease Control Centres.
Cancels Ramadan Gatherings for the Muslims as Easter Gatherings and Celebrations was cancelled for the Christians due to COVID-19.
He urged all to observe the health and safety protocols and for everyone to stay safe.
President Akuffo- Addo ended by saying “This too shall pass, for the battle is the LORD’s”
Check out the Live Stats of COVID-19 in Ghana
Explore these resources;
- COVID 19 Facts and Fears
- How does Coronavirus Spread?
- Tried Treatments for COVID 19
- How to Prepare for a Lockdown or Self Quarantine amid Coronavirus
- After Coronavirus Wearing Masks in Public Could Become a Norm
- What You Need to Know About Doing Laundry Amid Coronavirus
- Top 5 At-Home Bonding Activities for Families
- COVID 19 is NOT a Sign of God Punishing Man
- COVID 19 Myths Busted