Lockdown lifted as President urges Compulsory Use of Face Masks in what the President of Ghana; Nana Akuffo Addo terms as update number 7.
In this very Update, the President upon consultation with His Council made know the following amongst a tall list of measures to help compact the coronavirus.
Compulsory use of Face Masks
COLA for Civil/Public Servants
Reduction in cost of internet data
Enhanced contact tracing and testing.
LEAP Support to the vulnerable in society via Mobile Money.
Ban on public gathering extended indefinitely.
Waiver on Demurrage and Rent Charges for freights at the Ports of Ghana.
Essential workers brackets expanded to cater for more reach for those in need of their services.
Markets restrictions relaxed a bit but tasked the local authorities to design plans that projects social distancing.
Stimulus package to businesses expanded.
The president insisted on Wearing Face Masks, Washing Hands, the use of Sanitisers and the adherence to personal Hygiene meanwhile total number of positive coronavirus cases are now nearing the thousand mark Ghanaians fear for.
The President is however hopeful that this too shall pass because in his believe, “The battle is the LORD’s”.
Explore these resources;
- COVID 19 Facts and Fears
- How does Coronavirus Spread?
- Tried Treatments for COVID 19
- How to Prepare for a Lockdown or Self Quarantine amid Coronavirus
- After Coronavirus Wearing Masks in Public Could Become a Norm
- What You Need to Know About Doing Laundry Amid Coronavirus
- Top 5 At-Home Bonding Activities for Families
- COVID 19 is NOT a Sign of God Punishing Man
- COVID 19 Myths Busted