What is Reverence? To Show Reverence to God is to Love God? How do Show Reverence to God? How do we love God? Yes, it is simple, to show reverence to God is to Love God!
- A deep respect for someone(GOD) which shows in one’s attitude
- To give someone an honour He deserves.
- To obey someone for who is His or the role He plays.
Intense feeling or affection towards something or someone by show of great interest and pleasure, love is embodied by a set of emotions, behaviours topped with respect for the things of loved. The Bible tells…
“Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.” – I Corinthians 13:4-8
It is therefore acknowledged in Amos 3 that two cannot walk together unless they agreed to a particular cause, a cause to do the things necessary in the show of that love.
Love is doing what the other party expects you and wants/needs/demands you to do, and for love to exist, there must be an agreement. Christ admonishes us that if we love Him, God then we should keep His Commandments(John 14:15), refer to Matthew 22:36-37, 39-40
How do we Show Reverence to God – Love God?
The father of Cain and Abel; Adam and Eve was asked by the Creator to obey His commandments, that was a show of Love. In the process of time, came the era of Cain and Abel had the chance to show reverence to God, through love.
Out of that love, Cain gave his best, this is a pure show of love! Unlike Abel…we all know what became of him. God demands love because He from the beginning of the world has done nothing but show us His unwavering and unconditional love. What are we supposed to do? Love Him and why??? “We love Him because He first loved us.” I John 4:19.
Christ places himself in the scenario of a husband and a wife, a marriage that has been consummated.
“For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.” Christ/God is the Husband, the church(we) are the wife.
How to Show Reverence to God – Love God.
- Intimacy(Have a Personal Experience with God, Know Him for yourself?)– Having an intimate relationship with the Son and the Holy Spirit is what it takes to have an intimacy with God. Knowing someone means having first hand info about that person. Having a personal experience with God and the things of God is how to be intimate with Him. Know God for yourself then you can understand and serve Him better as a show of your reverence to Him. Be seen to give God a name based on your experience with Him.
- Acknowledging the value of God in our lives. Put God first! Ask yourself, how does my actions affect my relationship with my Maker? Seeking His consent in any and everything is a step to acknowledge His value. Without acknowledging God in our lives makes it incomplete and so is our love for Him. Be your own judge in this – Is God only the God of your bad times? He has to be God of the Good times and the Bad times for which you must give Him thanks for that is His will for us. Talk to God about your everything, Trust in the Lord in all your ways, acknowledge him!
- Honouring Him in our everything. A Wife defends the husband in everything and at all times in the public domain yet some, if not most others refuse to Honour God even in the midst of their friends. We refuse to honour God yet we always come before Him shamelessly and with aloud voice in screams for the world to know we are in need, the minute these requests are granted we turn our backs to say we are shy to give testimonies. When you love God, you Honour God, you make noise with it. When we love something we make the whole know we are in love. Let the world know you love God.
- Appearing attractive before Him. The wife always appears attractive to the husband, when then do we not appear attractive to Christ, God, to show ourselves to Him as adorable? Can God be proud of you as He was of Job even in the midst of the worse tribulations? “Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?””Job 1:8
When we appear attractive before God he boasts of us. What appearance does He boast of? Our righteousness, faithful, holiness, purity. He called us unto perfection, so we can be perfect. He blessed to be perfect just as Christ is. The challenge is to always purge yourself to be clean and be godly. “Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies.” – Proverbs 31:10.
Let’s be that virtuous wife before God. Give your all to God and He will show us His abundant love for “Many waters cannot quench love, Nor can the floods drown it. If a man would give for love All the wealth of his house, It would be utterly despised.” – Song of Solomon 8:7
Let us love God, and love God with our everything!
In dating love is made to be conditional, but in marriage the love is unconditional. In this marriage we have with God, Paul notes; “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?” – Romans 8:38-39
Let’s love God unconditionally.
God demands Reverence