How To Establish Relationship With People You Admire – A lot of us have Internet favourites. People we admire from afar. I have something for you.
HOW TO ESTABLISH A RELATIONSHIP WITH PEOPLE YOU ADMIRE.
These favourites are definitely doing something right.
They offer value. They’re authorities in their various fields.
You see their work and you aspire to be more than an Instagram or Twitter follow.
1. DMING them to say you admire their work and would like to be friends won’t cut it.
They already have a lot of people telling them the same thing. The ones that have time will say thank you and move on. Their time is money. The worst is the ones that just DM them with “Hey” . Lmao that meins what?
You will sleep there.
2. Get familiar with their story/Do your research.
Something they put out 5 years ago that impacted you. When you have an opportunity to engage, mention it.
It will get their attention. Trust me. I have done it. It works.
“Steve Harris,t book you wrote in 2013 changed my life” If you wanna be extra, quote one or two lines.
3. Make sure you’re in a place where you’re already offering value. Even though you’re not an authority in your field yet, be sure to be offering value.
4. Engage with them online!!
Share their posts. Join their live videos.
If you can afford, patronise them.
Comment; let your comments stand out so it won’t drown in the flood of other vague comments.
If you can ask a question that will make them think and reply you, perfect.
5. Once they notice you, don’t be quick to as them to be your mentor.
You’ll just ruin everything. Keep engaging if it’s in the DM.
Keep appreciating for the value they offer. Have conversations of interest.
Remember to be genuine because people see through fakeness.
6. Politely ask for their input or constructive criticism on what you’re working on.
Eg; Good evening, Steve Harris. I just wrote an Ebook and I was wondering if I could get constructive feedback from you if it won’t be too much trouble.
The above shows you value their opinion.
7. If they take their time to go through your stuff and see that you’re serious, they will give feedback and that alone has opened more windows for conversations.
The more you engage, the more the relationship has been established.
Don’t ask for mentorship. Ever. It will happen naturally.
Try it and lemme know. It takes time. Don’t rush it. If you value that relationship, put in the work.
Shared by: Precious Gaza