Ghana Health Service explains source of 198 New Coronavirus Cases – The Ghana Health Service says a backlog of some 57,000 samples have been successfully tested as at April 15th 2020. In this backlog, an additional 198 were been found to be positive.
This is what brought Ghana’s total case count to 834 which they advised the general public not fear nor panic since these new cases does not represent new infections that are occurring. It represents results from tests of a backlog of samples.
The service also was with joy to announce that the total number of recovered persons are now 99 but an additional death to make the toll now at 9.
The disease surveillance department of the GHS stated that the “laboratories have been working day and night to test this large number of samples. Hopefully in the next few days all the testing would be completed.”
60,916 samples had been tested with 1.37 % testing positive as at 1300HRS GMT April 18, 2020.
The Regions with infections remain Greater Accra, Ashanti, Eastern, Northern, Volta, Upper East, Upper West, Central, Western and North East.
Explore these resources;
- COVID 19 Facts and Fears
- How does Coronavirus Spread?
- Tried Treatments for COVID 19
- How to Prepare for a Lockdown or Self Quarantine amid Coronavirus
- After Coronavirus Wearing Masks in Public Could Become a Norm
- What You Need to Know About Doing Laundry Amid Coronavirus
- Top 5 At-Home Bonding Activities for Families
- COVID 19 is NOT a Sign of God Punishing Man
- COVID 19 Myths Busted