In a social media statement release by Eugene Arhin, an official of the Ghanaian Government, Accra Tema Kumasi and Kasoa gets additional Week of Lockdown effective April 13 2020 this is to arrest the spread of the COVID 19 in Ghana’s epicentres.
Eugene Arhin the Director of Communications at the Presidency, announced this on his Facebook page Sunday April 12, 2020 stating;
“President Akufo-Addo has signed the Executive Instrument (EI) extending the duration of the restrictions imposed under EI 64 and EI 65.
1. The restrictions imposed on public gatherings, under EI 64, have been extended for a further period of two (2) weeks, with effect from Monday, 13th April, 2020.
2. As announced already, the restrictions imposed on movement of persons in Accra, Tema, Kumasi and Kasoa, under EI 65, have been extended for a further period of one (1) week with effect from Monday, 13th April, 2020.
3. All other provisions, including all exemptions in EI 64 and EI 65, are still in full force and effect.”
The necessity of this is to slow down the fast spread of the virus which as at the date is 408 cases with a death toll of 8.
Stay Home, Stay Safe and Healthy, Cheers!
Share your thoughts on Accra Tema Kumasi and Kasoa gets additional Week of Lockdown effective April 13 2020 in the comments.
Whiles at home, get abreast with these resources;
- COVID 19 Facts and Fears
- How does Coronavirus Spread?
- Tried Treatments for COVID 19
- How to Prepare for a Lockdown or Self Quarantine amid Coronavirus
- After Coronavirus Wearing Masks in Public Could Become a Norm
- What You Need to Know About Doing Laundry Amid Coronavirus
- Top 5 At-Home Bonding Activities for Families
- COVID 19 is NOT a Sign of God Punishing Man
- COVID 19 Myths Busted