There are so many different digital marketing strategies, and sometimes it can be overwhelming when you’re trying to decide which one to prioritise.
Marketers looking for the ultimate digital marketing strategy need to have a clear understanding of their business, product and demographics before choosing a digital marketing strategy that will be effective for their needs.
GO LIVE ON DIGITAL MARKETING PLATFORMS
Going live with your Facebook business page or YouTube channel or Instagram is must do in 2019. Here are some tips for going live.
1. Why do you need to go live? If it’s not going to be something special, please don’t do it.
2. Planning is everything – plan your video before, during and after. Note down the plan and just do it.
3. It’s not about your network: Increase your audience to share the video and reach beyond.
4. Read, interact and respond: your best video will mean little if you fail to track comments and interactions. Make sure someone is tasked to monitor the reaction and filter questions.
5. Go for at least 10 minutes: shorter is always better.
6. Reintroduce yourself – do this throughout the video and restate what’s happening for the benefit of people who just tune in.
7. Consider your two audiences – your live audience and the replay audience, promote the video to both before, during and after.
8. Practice, practice, practice – the “Only Me” feature on Facebook is perfect for this.
SOCIAL MEDIA STORIES
Stories make the next big trend in social media marketing. They are already engaging enough and encourage more marketers to try them out. They will become even more popular in 2019.
Brands are using Stories to prove their authenticity with behind the scenes content, fun polls, countdowns or engaging videos that can also involve their followers.
Chatbots will continue to be an important part of digital marketing in 2019. This AI-based technology uses instant messaging to chat in real-time, day or night, with your customers or site visitors.
Many customers prefer interacting with chatbots as they are responsive, give answers promptly, accurately recall your entire buying history, and never lose patience.
As more social platforms invest in video content, marketers are investing in video to engage their audience. Marketers need to optimize videos for mobile users, while the call-to-action needs to be clear but not off-putting. Focus on creating appealing videos that engage the viewers to keep watching.
Artificial Intelligence will take over the world! Or at least the world’s simpler jobs. AI can analyze consumer behavior and search patterns, utilizing data from social media platforms and blog posts, to help businesses understand how users and customers find their products and services. For example, Facebook messenger bots can help you automate and optimize your customer service.
CONTENT IS STILL KING
Why content marketing is crucial to your business perhaps is more vital than acknowledging what content marketing is all about. We must first understand the four steps of the customer buying cycle –
Awareness – Research – Consideration – Buy
The second two steps which are the consideration and buy are better off with traditional advertising and marketing. In the first two phases of the consumer buying process, content marketing tapes through awareness-raising and informing consumers about a product or service which they haven’t previously heard about.
Thanks to Siri, Google, Alexa, and a host of other “smart” devices, verbal interaction with devices is continuing to rise. The real takeaway is that talking is simply a preferred way of interacting.
And now the machines are finally catching up to the way people want
When a person performs a text-based search, the screen displays one page at a time, the results. But when someone asks a device to conduct a search and the device replies verbally, it may only give a few choices at most, and frequently, they supply just one choice.
Connect with us by sharing your thoughts in the comments section to let us know how to get you started on a strategy that delivers growth and profits.