Covid-19 has changed the way we do things these days. Everything has moved online and we at AFROSAGES will share with you 5 apps you can use for virtual meetings.
Videoconferencing is the way to go now and be it whether to stay in touch with your family, co-workers or friends.
If Zoom’s recent privacy concerns bother you, here are 5 different apps you can rely on.
You can download these apps on your phone or computer right away.
5 APPS YOU CAN USE FOR VIRTUAL MEETINGS
1. GOOGLE HANGOUTS – Google Hangouts has the same functionality just like Zoom. There are some few differences though.
Whiles Zoom can have 100 participants on a call, Google Hangouts max is 25. Zoom has screen sharing capabilities where multiple participants can share their screens.
Google Hangouts can allow only one person to share their screen.
For your small teamwork meetings or one on one talks with friends and loved ones, Google Hangouts is the perfect option.
2. FACETIME – Since Apple introduced group Facetime, you can use this app to call friends and family.
Facetime isn’t really used for work meetings but is a more personal and casual option. It’s super easy to use too.
3. BLUE JEANS – With any smartphone, you can use the self-acclaimed “world leader in cloud video conferencing” app.
It’s a very easy platform to navigate and it’s perfect when you want to have a quick work meeting with no stress.
4. SKYPE – We can say it’s the most popular and easier option because most people are familiar with the way software works.
With the option to add 50 people on phone or video call, Skype is a reliable app to have a quick work meeting, interview call or a chat with friends and family.
5. MICROSOFT TEAMS – With a lot of similarity with Zooms like file sharing, screen sharing, and text chats while video calling, Microsoft Teams is suitable if you want all your work in one place.
This is also helpful if you already use Microsoft Suite for your professional works.
Video calls can host up to 250 people which makes it ideal for online lectures and class presentation.
6. HOUSE PARTY – With just a maximum of 8 people on a video call, House Party allows you to see all the other participants like Zoom.
The app also allows you to play games like Trivia and Heads Up with your friends.
What video calling app do you use? Tell us in comments!