With a better understanding of high-quality traffic, let’s take a look at the ways you can drive such traffic to your own website.
1. Offer High-Value Content
You want the content on your site to be thought-provoking and actionable. In fact, that’s the very definition of valuable content.
Aside from taking pride in your work, high-value content is important if you want to drive traffic because it will be shared, get discussed, and boost search engine rankings as a result.
If you’re ready, take these steps to ensure you create high-value content every time:
- Answer questions that your target audience is asking. With the help of search engine results and social media searches, you can find the questions that are most plaguing your audience.
- Incorporate actionable steps. Provide your reader with a next step, enabling them to take action immediately.
- Use data and real-life examples. Give readers a glimpse of reality to really drive the point home.
The process of creating high-value content that attracts your target audience is often overcomplicated. In reality, all you need to do is consider what your reader wants, and then deliver for them.
2. Get Active on Social Media
Social media is a powerful source of highly-targeted traffic. After all, in one sense, social media platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter are search engines in disguise.
There’s much to be said regarding social media as a traffic source. Here’s just a few tips to get started:
- Limit yourself. Rather than targeting every single social media network out there, limit yourself to a maximum of three (and even just one or two). Focusing your efforts narrowly will better ensure positive results.
- Pick the right platform(s) for your industry. When deciding on a platform (or platforms) for your niche, keep in mind that each targets a different demographic and choose accordingly.
- Stick to a consistent posting schedule. This will keep you accountable, as well as help you to grow a steady following.
- Experiment and measure results. With experimentation, you can find the right schedule and style for your audience so you can improve upon your social media strategy.
Of course, the most important rule to follow when using social media is to stay consistent. This means continuing to post, engage, and take part, even if results aren’t coming as quickly as you’d like.
3. Guest Post on Industry Blogs
As a strategy to grow high-quality traffic, guest posting can do more than drive traffic to your site. In fact, it can help you to build a targeted audience.
So, how can you further leverage guest posts to drive traffic to your site? Here’s a couple of tips to keep in mind:
- Guest post on blogs with a similar target audience. Posting on blogs that have a similar focus to your site – even if they’re not as big as alternative options – will enable you to target your ideal audience more effectively.
- Add links within your content. Don’t be afraid to do a bit of self promotion. Include links to your own relevant work within the post, and even add one to your author bio (if allowed).
Remember, the content you create is there to provide value. With this as your focus, you can create high-converting guest posts every time.
4. Optimize Your Site’s Links
As an affiliate, you know how important links are to your business. In short, optimizing your links can help to boost their effectiveness.
Link optimization includes the cloaking and shortening of links. This enables you to ‘brand’ your links, as well as make them easy to remember and share on social media.
Fortunately, there are plugins, such as our very own Pretty Links, that enable you to perform this function from within WordPress.
Once you’ve purchased a plan and installed the plugin, navigate to Pretty Links > Add New Link. This can be found on the left-hand side of your WordPress dashboard.
At this point, all you need to do is add in the target URL (that is, the not-so-pretty affiliate link) and change the Pretty Links to whatever you’d like.