After spending three decades on earth and still counting by the grace of God Almighty, I can say life has taught me lessons; valuable lessons which will be a guiding principle as i live the remaining six decades (yes I’ll die at age 91, its an agreement between God and myself). Here are the 20 important things life has taught me.
20 IMPORTANT THINGS LIFE HAS TAUGHT ME
1.Everything happens for a reason. Once you start to believe that, life will become easier.
2. Trust that when the answer is “No”, there is usually something better along the way.
3. You have never known a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
4. A good deed each day can do a lot for someone.
5. Just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
6. You should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
7. Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. Stop wasting time on things that are not your business. At the end of your day, just do you.
8. Trust the vibes you get, and listen to your gut. Energy does not lie.
9. Not everyone is going to like you, and that is okay.
10. You cannot control others. You can only control how you react to a situation.
11. It is okay to disagree with someone, but it is not okay to disrespect them.
12. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, “Will this matter in 5 years?”
13. You are never too old to need your parents.
14. Put your phone down for a few hours every day and interact with the people around you. You never know what you may be missing. After all, you cannot get back those hours that you are spending on your phone.
15, It is more important to have a few good friends, rather than many acquaintances.
16. Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.
17. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
18. Remember the three R’s: Respect for yourself, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions.
19. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps.
20. Make peacewith your past so it won’t screw up your present.