Life hacks are tips and tricks to simplify and improve your everyday life. Naomi Kulkarni, a Behavioral Psychologist, gives us these 17 clever life hacks.
CLEVER LIFE HACKS
1. Golden spending rule: If you can’t afford two of it, you can’t afford it.
2. When you’re thinking about buying something you don’t necessarily need, imagine the item in one hand and the cash in the other. Which one would you take?
3. Never loan a friend more than you can afford to give away.
4. If a job makes you pay money to work for them, it’s a scam. Period.
5. Want to find a good job after college? Make friends with as many people in your field that are on track to graduate one or two years ahead of you.
6. Take a picture of business cards people hand you, just in case you lose them.
7. Secretaries, tech support, and janitors are the true power in an office. Make friends with them and you’ll be able to get anything you need!
8. If you forget someone’s name simply say, “Sorry, what was your name again?” They may look annoyed, but once they tell you their first name say, “No, I meant your last name.”
9. The next time you stub your toe or get a cut, look away. The body oftentimes associates pain with sight.
10. If you ever have to park in a city at night, park in front of a bank. They’re lit up and have cameras everywhere.
11. Tie a small piece of brightly coloured fabric to your luggage. You’ll be able to spot your bag at the airport in no time!
12. Hang a picture of a tattoo you want somewhere you’ll see it every day for a year. If you still want it after that, then it’s worth getting.
13. Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
14. If you are buying headphones or speakers, test them out with “Bohemian Rhapsody.” It has the complete set of highs and lows in instruments and vocals.
15. Never be afraid to spend a little extra on a new bed and shoes. If you’re not in one, you’re in the other.
READ ALSO – Strategic Work (Smart Work) vs Hard Work.
16. When you feel like you need something, but you can’t figure out what it is, it’s water. It’s always water.
17. Always under-promise and over-deliver. Most people tend to do the opposite.