I have this discussion with the clients i meet all the time… “Why should our small business have a blog?”. Some of the excuses they give me is somewhat funny and sorry to say bizarre.
We do not have time ooo… What are we going to write about?… We have to pay someone to come and do that, that is extra cost…
It is becoming increasingly important for small businesses to develop a strong web presence to engage and communicate with their customers.
Whiles having a website is great, blogging is an inexpensive way for small businesses to drive traffic to their site, enhance your marketing and advertising efforts and attract more prospective customers.
Here are twelve powerful benefits of having a blog for your small business:
1. A blog is a simple, easy-to-use platform for connecting with and sharing timely and relevant information with customers. It’s your direct communication channel.
2. You don’t have to be a professional designer before you set up a blog. Many blogging platforms like WordPress and HubSpot are people-friendly and don’t require advanced graphic skills.
3. Your blog is the heart of all of your content marketing efforts. It’s fodder for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email newsletters, e-books, etc.
4. It gives your company a voice. A blog creates a place to talk about new products or services, comment on timely news topics or market trends, and share company initiatives beyond your website. It’s also the place to let your brand’s personality shine and show people what you’re all about.
5. Your blog fuels SEO. Search engines love valuable content and will reward you for it. Your website appears on the first page of search engines. When a business creates blog posts consistently, they are constantly providing Google, Bing, Yahoo and the others with fresh content to index.
6. A blog creates a two-way conversation with customers, prospects and industry peers. It encourages interaction, comments and feedback. Make sure you reply to all comments!
7. It creates free PR. Business bloggers are often interviewed by journalists as industry experts. Get some press! It never hurts your business when you get more PR.
READ ALSO – 20 Side Hustle Ideas to Consider
8. Blogs are cost-effective marketing investments. Every post you publish is a long-term asset that helps build brand awareness and promote your expertise, products and services.
9. Writing a blog shares your expertise. How else will you position yourself as a subject area expert and thought leader? It does not matter how small your business is, blogging is a good way for your business to build trust and establish clout in your industry.
10. Gives you insight into your audience. Blog analytics allow you to track readers, click-throughs, popular topics, shares and comments. You can even tell what day of the week your visitors prefer to stop by.
11. You can tell your brand’s story. A blog is a great place to offer more insight into your company, philosophy, employees, and ideas. Tell your customers why you’re in business and how you can help them. This builds relationships and trust.
12. Blogging sharpens your business focus. To create a blogging strategy you must define who you are blogging for and why. A blog with no focus attracts no readers.
When it comes to small businesses, blogging is a MUST. If you don’t have the time, resources, or expertise to write blog content you can outsource the posts to a digital marketing agency like AFROSAGES who can craft unique, relevant and engaging content for your blog site.