Everyone wants to make the most of the 24 hours they get each day. However, some people achieve more happiness, productivity, and success – in the same amount of time as everyone else!
Time management is one of the most effective skills you can have in life, it is powerful and effective.
How can I be more successful at managing my time?
1. Schedule it – Have a time and a place for everything you do and you will be able to do everything you want to do.
2. Get busy – White space on your calendar invites you to waste it. Which often means going down a spiral of procrastination. It’s never just 1 Episode.
READ ALSO – Nobody Is Self Made
3. Keep the bigger picture in mind – Don’t waste your time answering E-mails if you have a project to finish instead. Always remember what matters!
4. Be in the moment – When you are with your family, be with your family! There is a time and place for everything, and you do not need to think about work right now. Don’t multi-task your life. It will only cause you to half-ass everything.
5. Make the first two hours the most important two – How you start your day determines how the day goes. Start off procrastinating and wasting time, and your day will be slow and groggy. Start off getting things done and solving the biggest problems and your day will be productive and filled with motivation.
6. Become excited about it – Your day should excite you! If you are looking at tomorrow like a chore, then it will become a chore. This is your life and you are living right now. Make your days exciting. “If you live each day as if it were your last, someday you’ll be right.” – Steve Jobs
7. Say “NO” – If you don’t want to do it or don’t have the time, don’t do it! Your life is too short to be spent pleasing other people.
8. Say “YES” – If it is something you want to do or if it could help you, then go and do it! It’s scary, yes, but you have already wasted enough of your life away. It’s time to live!
READ ALSO – Make Yourself A Priority
9. Remember each day – A large part of the day was productive and you did use your time effectively… you are just not paying attention to it. At the end of the day look at what you accomplished and feel proud of it. Yes, you can always do more, but you are doing great right now!
10. “Slow and steady wins the race” – You will not become the most productive person tomorrow; that’s fine. Make each day a little better than the last and you will eventually use your time as effectively as you can.
Credit: Lukas Schwekendiek