Your personal brand is your reputation. That is how people are going to see you. If you’re like most people, you might regularly switch jobs and employers. Or perhaps you are even running a business.
READ ALSO – 7 Social Media Lessons I Learned By Myself
Your personal brand is an asset you can take with you wherever you go. It builds trust.
HOW TO DEFINE AND MARKET YOUR PERSONAL BRAND
1. Identify Your Strengths and Weaknesses – This requires a little bit of soul searching. You’ll learn about who you are, what you value, your strength and weaknesses.
2. Identify your passion.
3. Figure Out Your Unique Selling Point – How do you stand out from the crowd in this era of sameness. As a professional,what problem do you solve? How do you make a difference? Your unique selling point will be the key differentiator people will use to evaluate your personal brand.
4. What can you do for your audience? Why should they listen? What is your “X-Factor”?
5. Ask for feedback and be thankful for constructive criticism.Increase Your Visibility – by constantly posting fresh content. Social media, blogs, Medium articles, LinkedIn articles, answering industry related questions on Quora, email campaigns, video content, give presentations. Click To Tweet
6. Increase Your Visibility – by constantly posting fresh content. Social media, blogs, Medium articles, LinkedIn articles, answering industry related questions on Quora, email campaigns, video content, give presentations.
7. Build buzz by sharing positive feedbacks and testimonials from those your content has helped. People love success stories.
8. Learn how to naturally weave your accomplishments into your stories. Telling your story is the cheapest form of marketing.
9. Monetize – Try to quantify the value you can deliver. Focus on telling people how much you can help them save. People believe in saving money more than making money.
“By partnering with AFROSAGES we can help you save time and money on your advertisement for your business”
10. Collaborate – It is difficult to go it alone. Cultivate your network. Help others to market their brand and they’re more likely to do the same for you. Team up with complementary partners. Teamwork always wins.
READ ALSO – 5 Best Online Jobs Without Investment
Rome wasn’t built in a day, so do not expect overnight success with your branding efforts. Focus on what you can today to strengthen your personal brand tomorrow.